Sunday, June 22, 2008

Chunky and funky





This is a bracelet/necklace I made for myself to go with a dress I was wearing to my friend's wedding. I learned a new way to make semi-hollow beads that are pretty big compared to what I normally make, and I still love the etched transparent glass, so this is what I came up with. This has 3 huge beads - almost an inch wide - with a bunch of smaller, "normal" sized ones. I wore it all day as a double wrapped bracelet, and then when it was colder and I had to put on a jacket, I switched it to a choker necklace so you could still see it - perfect! And it's been years since I've worn gold, but my dress had some gold tones in it and so I used kind of a tarnished gold wire. I like the look - the chunkiness is different and so is the gold. Here's the dress, too - on the Ann Taylor Loft model - forgot to get pictures of myself with the dress and the jewelry!  

No comments: